Wednesday, November 15, 2017

336: New video venue

–I AM just one exhibit away from being able to finish my new studio (my latest show will be this Friday, Nov 17, 2017 at Anthony's Fine Art, from 6-9). When the studio is finished I plan to start an online Udemy class featuring painting with thick, textured acrylics. I will demonstrate how to paint a landscape and an abstract using commercially available texturing mediums as well as chalk, marble dust, and a plethora of other strange and fun mediums.

Since Google banned my Youtube account, my enthusiasm for making Youtube videos has waned. You may have noticed that I haven't posted many videos lately. I'm not sure why Google banned my channel since it has over 1.5 million views, but it is certainly within their prerogative. I've since watched classes from Udemy and found them to be a great content provider. I look forward to working with them soon. I'm pleased to report that my technical test reel passed review (not easy to do) and my new Udemy videos will be considerably better than my Youtube videos.

Until my Udemy course is ready, I hope you will check out my painting classes on Curiosity.com (click here). Curiosity has been very supportive, and it doesn't seem like they will ban my account anytime soon. Although some of the videos on Curiosity were available on Youtube that is no longer true (this is my most popular Curiosity class).

I hope you enjoy the Curiosity classes. I appreciate your support and will have some new videos soon with the more reliable, Udemy venue. Many thanks.

Brad Teare –November 2017

Above: Hidden Journey, 36" x 36", acrylic on canvas. available at Alpine Art.

8 comments:

  1. why did they ban your youtube account?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They wouldn't say. In fact, they sent me an email saying they had no legal obligation to tell me why I was banned. So I have no idea what the problem was. If they would tell me what the problem was I would have been happy to make changes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love the painting above with the tiny dark green fir in the opening in the middle and the "burning" pink bits here and there. That is just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Anita. I really appreciate the kind words.

      Delete
  4. Wow! That suck Brad. Glad you found another video platform source! It's a good lesson for all of us not to put all our cookies in one basket, especially when we don't own the basket. I look forward to following you on Udemy. I greatly admire your work and work ethic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good lesson. Thanks so much for the kind words, Rashid. I will definitely post on this blog as soon as the videos go live on Udemy.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...